Community & Primary Health Care- Lanark, Leeds & Grenville (CPHC)Website Icon
Industry Sector: Health Care / Soins de santé
Community & Primary Health Care (CPHC) is a registered charitable organization dedicated to improving the lives of seniors and their families. Serving Lanark, Leeds and Grenville, and Kingston (Lifeline), CPHC provides comprehensive and flexible support with the goal of improving the health, safety and happiness of our clients.
As a branch of the Victoria Order of Nurses (VON), CPHC first began serving the seniors of Brockville in 1913. By 1970, CPHC had expanded throughout Lanark, Leeds and Grenville to serve communities such as Smiths Falls, Carleton Place, and Gananoque.
In 2006, the VON Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Branch officially became Community & Primary Health Care. We presently serve over 5,000 clients throughout the tri-county area, providing services such as Meals on Wheels, Escorted Transportation, and Lifeline. CPHC's central office at 2235 Parkedale Avenue, Brockville, is a state-of-the-art, fully-accessible building that was designed to ensure that our support and services are available to all in need.
Job Listing #6212
Brokered Foot Care Nurse • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020
Application Deadline: 01 Nov 2020
Location: Leeds and Grenville
Category: Health Care / Soins de santé
Hours Per Week: 25
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The successful foot care nurses (RPN) will provide foot care service to clients at multi monthly clinics. These clinics are currently running at full capacity during office hours. Opportunity for flexible scheduling and growth by offering extended hours, evenings or weekend clinics should the successful candidate want to take on more clientele. Nurses are needed for Brockville and Prescott. Successful candidates will have access to an autoclave located at the Brockville site for their CPHC clients (*Bonus – may use autoclave for their personal, non-CPHC clients) or candidate must have access to a Public Health Ontario approved autoclave and reprocessing space.
In response to COVID—19 CPHC has prepared guidelines specific to the Foot Care program to ensure our clients, volunteers and brokered nurses stay safe during this time. Brokered foot care nurses will be provided with the full PPE during this time.
- Monitor and deliver foot care to clients in a clinic setting as per the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards;
- Provide high quality services to clients;
- Follow reprocessing guidelines and proper procedures;
- Understand and implement infection prevention practices while specifically adhering to CPHC standards, policies and procedures;
- Ensure proper set up and cleanliness.
- Graduation from an accredited Registered Practical Nursing Program;
- Current registration with the provincial licensing body is require;
- Advanced Footcare Certification is required;
- Previous experience with Geriatric and Diabetic populations considered an asset;
- Experience working with the elderly and with cognitively impaired individuals;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Positive interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks;
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening;
- Ability to travel;
- Access to a reliable vehicle.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to the attention of: Chacity Einfeldt, Human Resources and Engagement 2235 Parkedale Ave. Brockville, Ontario, K6V 6B2 E-mail: email@example.com
You have viewed this listing 1 times.