Queen's UniversityWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Queen’s University is the Canadian research intensive university with a transformative student learning experience. Here the employment experience is as diverse as it is interesting. We have opportunities in multiple areas of globally recognized research, faculty administration, engineering & construction, athletics & recreation, power generation, corporate shared services, and many more.
We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
Come work with us!
Job Listing #6341
Classroom Technology and Media Coordinator • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2020
Application Deadline: 29 Nov 2020
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire 45,001 TO 55,000
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, Faculty of Health Sciences, and taking direction from the Team Lead, the incumbent will work as a member of a team to provide technical support for a new state-of-the-art teaching facility equipped with leading edge multimedia systems. This includes digital technologies, lecture capture, videoconferencing, classroom computers, operating systems and application software, as well as advanced control and automation systems. In addition to providing daily support for the teaching spaces, lecture theatre, group rooms and videoconferencing rooms, the incumbent may, on an emergency basis, provide technical support for the Clinical Education Centre and the Simulation Laboratories. The incumbent will also perform desktop support for various offices within the School of Medicine when available.
- Provide support to presenters before, during and after teaching sessions with respect to the use of room equipment.
- Provide end-user training for faculty, staff and students in the use of multimedia systems.
- Manage recording processes from end to end; from recording the presentation, to any post-production required, to making the presentations available on the web-based delivery systems.
- Support users in their usage of Polycom videoconferencing equipment; liaise with Regional Education Videoconferencing Coordinator for scheduled videoconferences.
- Troubleshoot and correct technical problems with respect to connections, routing and peripheral equipment.
- Provide support to School of Medicine administration offices for reported problems with desktop computers, laptops, peripherals, mobile devices and supported software applications including investigating and troubleshooting issues for quick problem resolution.
- Install and configure desktop computer hardware, software and peripherals using standard procedures.
- Evaluate new product versions and recommend upgrade schedules.
- Undertake other duties as required in support of the Unit.
- Familiarity with Crestron systems; Crestron programming skills would be an asset.
- Familiarity with EMS Arcadia systems a definite asset. (Intensive training will be supplied.)
- Adherence to strict confidentiality.
- High degree of initiative, with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills and the ability to work independently on multiple assignments and to work collaboratively within a diverse team.
- Must be organized and self-motivated with excellent customer service, consultative skills and strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate and instruct faculty, staff and students in non-technical terms.
- Comfortable in an education/patient care environment.
- Identifying the technical requirements and best choices to maximize the effectiveness of the teaching sessions.
- Prioritize work and time and decide what the most important task among several is.
- Assess the nature of a request and provide assistance to the user as appropriate.
- Determine the best way to solve problems and decide when to refer issues to the Manager.
- Perform routine tests and ask appropriate questions to troubleshoot equipment.
APPLICANTS PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW:
- Two years of postsecondary training or two years of related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge and experience with the following:
- New and advanced multimedia and classroom technologies, digital technologies, educational media, lecture capture, videoconferencing, and video-streaming.
- Modern desktop computer technology including Mac and Windows operating systems, hardware, software, and virtual desktop technologies.
- System administration tasks, particularly Microsoft SQL server/Microsoft IIS.
- Modern networks and network devices; Experience with VLANS, configuring and installing routers in a network environment and working with network firewalls, videoconferencing bridges; understanding of switching and routing concepts.
- Sound and lighting systems.
- Must be current with developments in media and technology as it relates to higher education and interested and willing to maintain technical competence.
- Experience working with physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
- Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.