Kingston Destination GroupWebsite IconFacebook Icon
Industry Sector: Customer Service / Service à la clientèle
Kingston Destination Group operates Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises, Kingston Trolley Tours, Waterfront Gifts & Apparel, Wheelhouse Culinary, and K-Pass. We are committed to being the portal to the inspired visitor experience in the Kingston 1000 Islands destination.
Job Listing #6537
Operations Support • Seasonal / Saisonnier
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2021
Application Deadline: 31 Mar 2021
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: General Labour/Trades / Manœuvres et gens de métiers
Hours Per Week: 15-40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $15.00
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
As Operations Support you will create an outstanding guest experience onboard Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises’ public cruises and exclusive events by completing all of the day-to-day set up and clean-up tasks for each vessel and Hospitality operations. You will also assist marine crew in emergency duties tasks, and participate in other onboard tasks including setup, cleaning and other duties as assigned.
At Kingston Destination Group, we’re are looking for candidates interested in joining a fast-paced, service-focused team in one of Ontario’s most unique and rewarding work environments: onboard our a 3h sightseeing and dining cruises sailing from downtown Kingston, Ontario. Discover why Kingston and the 1000 Islands attract visitors from around the world, and help create an unforgettable experience for our guests.
- Positive attitude,
- Ability to work independently and on a team in a fast-paced, guest-focused environment,
- Smart-Serve certification is an asset,
- Outstanding communication and written proficiency in English,
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and walk during the daily routine, with ability to stand for long periods of time,
- Heavy lifting and other demanding physical work is required.
- Previous experience and a valid G license is strongly preferred.
- Complete all setup tasks and ensure the boat is ready for service.
- Clean, stock and supply each vessel (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, restroom cleaning etc.) before, after and between cruises.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, etc. as assigned to prepare vessels for public cruises and exclusive events.
- Minimize waste and maintain accurate inventory of stock in the commissary.
- Assist on board as additional staff, as needed.
- Maintain the general tidiness and organization of the Crawford Wharf, main office, crew room area and Duff St.
- Notify marine crew, supervisors and/or managers of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs.
- Participate in safety drills and act as a member of the onboard safety team.
About Kingston Destination Group:
Kingston Destination Group is committed to hospitality excellence as the portal to inspired visitor Experience in the Kingston 1000 Islands. We create, sell and operate cruises, tours and experiences through our experiential brands, including Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises, Kingston Trolley Tours, Waterfront Gifts & Apparel, Kingston Walks, and K-Pass.
Applicants must apply through:
Additional Requirements: Applications accepted online only at www.ktic.ca/jobs.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.