Roald Smith Construction IncWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Roald Smith Construction Inc. offers top quality, high-end general contracting services in the Kingston area.
Our objective is simple: To transform our client's renovation and construction dreams into a reality; on-time and on-budget. We are proud of our quality, skill, and personable staff each plays an important part to ensure a smooth project from design to finish.
We are fully insured, including 3rd party liability insurance and we are registered with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board of Ontario (WSIB).
If you possess a strong work ethic in the areas of carpentry and home renovation please email or contact us to discuss joining our team.
Job Listing #7655
Bookkeeping Assistant • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2021
Application Deadline: 30 Jul 2021
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Clerical/Administrative / Administration/Travail de bureau
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 20.00-25.00
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
If you are interested in a long term administrative career with an established construction company and possess the skills, personality, experience and/or college certificate to help us organize and operate the office effectively to support the company expansion, please forward your resume to our office and we will be in touch soon. Your talents will be rewarded with a competitive wage, learning opportunities and a group health benefit plan after 6 months of service.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Match order forms with invoices, and record the necessary information.
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Interacting With Computers - Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Processing Information - Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Documenting/Recording Information - Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
Occupation Tools and Technology
- Tools - Desktop computers, Ledger paper, Calculators or accessories, Notebook computers
- Technology - Accounting software, Document management software, Compliance software, Data base user interface and query software
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Related Work Experience - college certificate/some experience preferred
- Required Level of Education - Completion of College Certificate
You have viewed this listing 1 times.