Cardinal Health CanadaWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Production Work/Manufacturing / Production/Fabrication
As part of a team that is 50,000+ strong, you can play a part in making healthcare safer and more cost-effective. Cardinal Health is an integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospital systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide. As a global, growing company, we offer rewarding careers that let you make a positive impact on our customers and communities.
Cardinal Health Canada, with over 1300 employees nationwide, is an essential link in the Canadian healthcare supply chain, providing over 70,000 products to healthcare facilities and medical professionals across the country, including our manufacturing facility with over 400 employees in Gananoque.
For more information on what it is like to work for us, please watch this video: Cardinal Health - Wings. Search now to find the opportunity that’s right for you.
Job Listing #7780
Lead Hand, ECG Production Class 2 • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2021
Application Deadline: 30 Sep 2021
Location: Town of Gananoque
Category: Production Work/Manufacturing / Production/Fabrication
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Commensurate with experience
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
We are looking for positive and team-oriented individuals to join our Gananoque manufacturing center to support the production department. The primary purpose of this position is to facilitate the workflow in the department by ensuring efficient productivity of the shift with high quality of product, while maintaining good manufacturing practices and daily procedures.
Your Contributions to the Organization will be:
- Verify all safety requirements are being followed including guarding safety and PPE.
- Ensure all employees are following good safety practices.
- Knowledge of all safety factors when operating machines
- Assume leadership role in emergency plan by following emergency guidelines should a situation arise.
- Check doors to ensure site security during afternoon and midnight shifts.
- Provide a harassment free work environment. Escalate disciplinary actions when required.
- Monitor attire to ensure compliance with Gowning Procedure including but not limited to hair nets, lab coats and safety equipment (PPE).
- Monitoring productivity and ensuring quality standards
- Monitor equipment set-up to ensure quality, and production for consistency of workflow.
- Verify accurate completion of DHR, in process checks, quality and packaging.
- Lead non-conformance initiation, containment, investigation and rework
- Monitor factory orders, ship product and close orders.
- Monitor and document production counts, machine issues, and any raw material issues.
- Ensure all employees are meeting or exceeding production targets and standards. Provide guidance to employees to a more efficient method of work on all product lines.
- Ensure employee Hour by Hour Boards are completed on time and accurately.
- Ensure adequate supplies and requisitions are in place to meet productivity goals.
- Ensure employees are trained in all quality requirements and knowledge of acceptable products in terms of quality.
- Work with employees to improve their speed and accuracy while keeping quality of the product in the forefront.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly cleaning requirements are completed and documented by following 5S Process.
- Prioritize repairs of machines. Trouble shoot with problems at machines and packaging equipment when required. Effective time management to ensure efficiency within the department.
- Enforce use of employee time (coffee breaks, shift times, washroom breaks, etc.).
- Reassign employees during machines downtime, including 5S, cleaning, assisting other work cells.
- Approve employee time punches, track and monitor absences and vacation scheduling.
- Create schedules for employees and work cell rotation Promote positive work environment through team work and effective communication.
- Encourage new ideas and suggestions and help implement changes. Ensure groups work as a team, promote teamwork.
- Conduct weekly team meetings, in partnership with the Production Supervisor, as required. Other duties as required
This Job might be for you if:
- You have a High school diploma. Post-secondary education with technical/mechanical background preferred
- You have 5-7 years of similar experience preferably within an operations or manufacturing environment
- You have knowledge of production practices
- You have knowledge of quality practices and GMP
- You are a team player with strong leadership skills
- You have strong organizational skills
Our Employees all benefit from:
- Full dental and health benefits including life insurance from day 1
- Pension plan with employer matching level contribution
- Incentive plan participation
- Paid vacation days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid uniform and safety shoes allowance
- In-house training on safety measures, production tasks and equipment
Please apply using the following link:
Cardinal Health is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Cardinal Health is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our Human Resources team is responsible for working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.