Oxford SeminarsWebsite IconFacebook IconTwitter IconLinkedIn Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Established in 1992, Oxford Seminars is the leading provider of teacher training certification courses all across Canada and the US. Join the 5,000 graduates who get TESOL/TESL certified with Oxford Seminars each year and begin your exciting adventure teaching English abroad.
With courses from Halifax to Victoria and many more in between, Oxford Seminars is also the leading provider of LSAT, GMAT, MCAT and GRE test preparation courses all across Canada. Since 1992, we have been providing the most comprehensive LSAT, GMAT, MCAT and GRE test preparation courses available for students' valuable time and money.
Job Listing #7991
Human Resources Generalist • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2021
Application Deadline: 21 Aug 2021
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire 45,001 TO 55,000
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Oxford Seminars is searching for an experienced professional who demonstrates positive and proactive behaviours to join our Kingston head office team. This position is responsible for providing broad-based human resources support and consultation to the company, including staffing, performance, compensation, attendance, health, and safety, etc. By also administering related aspects, you will be well-positioned to contribute your insight to the ongoing development, implementation, and delivery of core HR functions.
- Anticipate, understand and respond to the evolving needs of the organization by developing innovative methods to improve productivity and quality
- Ensure all policies and procedures are aligned with the Employment Standards Act and apply due diligence to all tasks as well as document with accuracy, clarity, and precision
- Responsible for all aspects of the recruitment process; creating recruitment plans based on projected hiring needs, job postings, pre-screening, interviewing, making hiring offers, and preparing contracts
- Administering compensation and benefit plans
- Conduct employee onboarding and orientation, and help plan training & development
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Foster positive working relationships and promote a collaborative organizational culture in support of departmental and company objectives
- Track, analyze, and report key HR metrics to better understand the needs of the organization and to recommend / support process improvement initiatives
- Administer all leave of absences mandated by the Employment Standards Act, and all other leave of absences that may occur
- Facilitate return to work plans and accommodation plans as required
- Responsible for managing the Health and Safety Committee, including facilitating meetings, reporting workplace injuries to WSIB, and implementing Health and Safety Initiatives
- Research and implement US employment standards as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in HR or equivalent
- 3-5+ years progressive HR experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a very strong eagerness to learn
- Highly thorough, accurate, detail-oriented, and well-organized team player
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, discretion, confidentiality, and diplomacy at all times
- Objective with strong problem solving, analytical, and innovative thinking skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to establish priorities and demonstrate initiative
- Work independently with minimal supervision and adapt well to changes faced by a fast-growing organization
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Oxford Seminars is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accessibility accommodations, please notify us in advance and we will consult with you to make suitable arrangements. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.