Industry Sector: Health Care / Soins de santé
We are a highly-trusted non-profit organization that works with our clients, employees, volunteers and partners to provide innovative clinical, personal and social support to people who want the comfort and peace of mind of living in their own homes and communities.
Job Listing #7993
Personal Support Worker (PSW) - Full time & Part time • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2021
Application Deadline: 30 Sep 2021
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Health Care / Soins de santé
Hours Per Week: 15 - 37.5 (PT or FT)
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 15-19
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The Power to Change Lives!
With VON you get to hit the open road, where the scenery and work is different every day. We offer a workplace free from the repetitive and boring, where you know you’ve helped someone remain independent, and you get to meet some great people along the way.
Come for the job, stay for the chance to make a real difference.
Our Personal Support Workers provide care in clients homes and other settings in over 160 communities across Ontario:
- Work with clients in their homes to provide personal care
- Assist with daily living activities, such as grooming, dressing and bathing
- Provide respite care
- Plan and prepare meals and light household duties
- Help with mobility and transfers
- Monitor and maintain household safety
- ….and much more
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- SMART phone provided to keep you connected during work time
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 120 years strong
- This position is eligible for the temporary $3.00 per hour wage enhancement from the Ontario Government for all hours spent directly caring for clients.
What we need from you:
- Certificate in Personal Support Worker (PSW) program or Health Care Aide (HCA) are preferred
- Developmental Service Workers (DSWs), nursing students, internationally educated nurses and other types of support staff are also welcome to apply!
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required and a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
VON is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and following public health directives, including recommendations from the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. The health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff are our top priority.
Additional Requirements: First Aid / CPR
You have viewed this listing 1 times.