Resolve CounsellingWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Health Care / Soins de santé
Resolve Counselling Services Canada is a not-for-profit agency governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Resolve is a registered charity in Canada and a member agency of both the United Way of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington and the United Way of Hastings & Prince Edward County.
Resolve Counselling Services Canada offers the following counselling program areas to individuals, families, groups, and employers:
- Counselling & Community Services (Individual & Family Counselling)
- Credit & Financial Counselling Services
- Consulting & Education Services
- Employee Counselling Services (FSEAP)
Our head office is in Kingston and our satellite offices are located in Belleville, Brockville, Cornwall, Gananoque, Madoc, Napanee, Ottawa, Smiths Falls, Sydenham, Verona, and Whitby.
Our Guiding Vision, Mission, and Principles
Resolve Counselling Services offers a variety of services geared toward helping our clients overcome adversity.
Resolve Counselling Services Canada is a recognized leader of life enhancing counselling services.
Resolve Counselling Services Canada provides quality counselling services to significantly improve the social, emotional and economic well-being of individuals and families.
Everyone has the right to be treated with dignity, integrity and respect.
Everyone has the right to healthy and open communication.
Everyone has the right to self-determination and choice.
Job Listing #8520
Youth Housing Support and Transition Worker • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2021
Application Deadline: 30 Sep 2021
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Health Care / Soins de santé
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire Hourly Wage
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
POSTING DATE:September 13, 2021
POSTING NUMBER: 20210913
STATUS: OPEN TITLE: Contract Full Time PT (Maternity Leave) – Youth Housing Support and Transition Worker
SERVICES HOURS OF WORK:
35 HOURS PER WEEK EFFECTIVE: OCTOBER 4, 2021
LOCATION: KINGSTON OFFICE
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Resolve Counselling Services Canada is currently seeking a Housing Support and Transition Worker, Full Time 1 year Contract to assist 16 to 24 year-old clients who are or have received services from the child welfare sector and who live in Frontenac, Lennox and Addington Counties. The incumbent provides support to clients who are on a Voluntary Youth Services Agreement (VYSA) or as they leave the care of the formal CAS system. Responsibilities include housing searches, housing preparation, housing stabilization, goal development, access and navigation of youth and adult service systems as they transition to adulthood and connecting youth to existing supports in the community including supportive housing, education, employment and life skills training. The incumbent provides service to youth between the ages of 16 and 24.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Windows and the Internet
- Good time management skills
- Interviewing and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- The ability to establish rapport and trust with clients, sometimes under difficult circumstances.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, equivalent college diploma or work experience that meets MCCSS standards is essential
- Membership in a related professional association is required and must be maintained
- One to three years clinical experience working with youth
- Bilingualism (French-English) preferred
- Familiarity with the Child Welfare System
- Valid driver's license
- Successful Completion of vulnerable sector CPIC is a requirement
Applications will be accepted until 4pm on September 23rd:
417 Bagot Street
Kingston, Ontario, K7K 3C1
Thank you for your interest in Resolve Counselling Services Canada. Please note that only those being interviewed will be contacted.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.