Town of GananoqueWebsite IconFacebook Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Gananoque, in the heart of the 1000 Islands, is recognized as one of Eastern Ontario's most stunning waterfront communities.
Enjoy breath taking views from all angles and discover the warmth and hospitality of the people that call this place home. Whether you are artsy with a twist of outdoorsy; a bucket list traveller in need of a dash of adrenaline; there is never a shortage of things to do, places to visit, and memories to make.
Job Listing #8532
HERITAGE ASSISTANT • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2021
Application Deadline: 08 Oct 2021
Location: Town of Gananoque
Category: Clerical/Administrative / Administration/Travail de bureau
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $14.35
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Reporting to the Manager of Community Services, this position is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate of a post-secondary institution that specialized in History, Administration or another related field. The successful candidate will work closely with the Municipal Heritage Advisory Panel (MHAP), which is dedicated to the protection, appreciation and preservation of the Town’s heritage and cultural places.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs a variety of administrative and communicative duties to support MHAP.
- Assists with the processing of Heritage Permit Applications as required under the Ontario Heritage Act.
- Coordinates information to MHAP regarding Municipal Heritage Property Designations and Non-Designated Listings.
- Completes projects of historic significance as determined by the Panel and/or Council.
- Creates a quarterly Heritage e-blast newsletter to build a local following.
- Assists the Town Clerk in organizing the heritage buildings database to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Attends and participates in MHAP meetings.
- Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards as set out in all applicable provincial and municipal regulations, policies, and by-laws.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES
- Post secondary graduate in Administration, History, Public Relations, Arts & Cultural Management or another related field.
- Relevant work experience in heritage conservation and/or interpretation in the cultural heritage sector.
- Prior administrative experience, preferably for a not-for-profit organization.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Technical aptitude with websites and social media.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in English is essential and preferred fluency in French.
This position is a 4 month (16 week) contract working up to 37.5 hours per week at $14.35/hour.
Interested applicants should apply in confidence no later than 4:00PM on October 8th 2021 to:
Shellee Fournier, CAO, Town of Gananoque
30 King Street East
Gananoque Ontario, K7G 1E9
You have viewed this listing 1 times.