Structural E.I.T. - Full Time / À Temps Plein
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
Greer Galloway Consulting Engineers
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Greer Galloway Consulting Engineers was founded in 1965 and since then, public and private sector clients alike have relied upon our services, from initial planning, to environmental issues, to designing basic infrastructure and sophisticated facilities. Today, working from multiple offices in Southeastern Ontario, our staff of professional engineers, hydrogeologists, biologists, planners, technicians, and technologists provides engineering and planning services to federal and provincial governments, municipal authorities and private developers and has earned a reputation for integrity, competence and professional service.
Job Listing #8750
Structural E.I.T. • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2021
Application Deadline: 04 Nov 2021
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 36
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Commensurate with Experience
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
At Greer Galloway, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us in our structural Department.
- Assist senior staff in drafting proposals.
- Conduct preliminary site surveys.
- Design and drafting of various building structural systems including but not limited too: footings, foundation walls, load bearing walls, structural columns, beams, floor and roof framing elements, and gravity and wind resisting systems
- Assisting engineers and technologists with design during all project phases.
- Assist in providing change management and contract administration.
- Provide site visits during construction and produce field reports.
- Provide CAD technician with assistance when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 0 to 3 years experience in the consulting engineering industry or field experience related to structural engineering.
- EITs must have a degree in Structural Engineering from an accredited program recognized by Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) and be a registered or eligible to register as an EIT with PEO.
- Ability to read and understand structural drawings.
- Related structural Engineering experience in commercial and residential buildings is considered an asset.
- Familiar with industry codes and standards such as OBC, CSA, Wood design Manual, etc.
- AutoCAD experience is required.
- Experience conducting site inspections and generating reports is an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with Structural modeling software. (SAP 2000 is an asset).
- Reliable vehicle access is required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Friday afternoons off year-round (36 hour/week).
- Professional development opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Shareholder opportunities for eligible employees.
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health careLife insurance
- On-site parking
Please apply with resume to Kevin Hawley email@example.com
You have viewed this listing 1 times.