Town of GananoqueWebsite IconFacebook Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Gananoque, in the heart of the 1000 Islands, is recognized as one of Eastern Ontario's most stunning waterfront communities.
Enjoy breath taking views from all angles and discover the warmth and hospitality of the people that call this place home. Whether you are artsy with a twist of outdoorsy; a bucket list traveller in need of a dash of adrenaline; there is never a shortage of things to do, places to visit, and memories to make.
Job Listing #8763
MARINA & RECREATION COORDINATOR • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2021
Application Deadline: 27 Oct 2021
Location: Town of Gananoque
Category: Customer Service / Service à la clientèle
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $47,598 - $56,668
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Reporting to the Manager of Community Services, the Marina & Recreation Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the overall program/marketing and operations of the municipal marina, arena and related facilities/services; assists with planning and delivery of recreation programs; provides services to the Community Services Department as required.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the municipal marina, including staff supervision, slip rental/payment administration, customer service, complaint resolution, advertising/promotion.
- Responsible for planning, prioritizing and assigning work to seasonal summer staff, provides onsite supervision of staff and contractors to ensure adequate performance of tasks and duties, ensures staff are appropriately trained and work in a safe, courteous and professional manner.
- Coordinates all recreation and special event facility bookings (including ice rentals) of the municipal arena and parks. Responsible for the execution of user group rental agreements/permits (in accordance with the predetermined policies and procedures) utilizing the reservation system.
- Coordinates arena advertising contracts, rental/payment administration, and customer service.
- Provides input into the development of related operating budgets; monitors budget against financial targets; researches products and services and prepares price quotations for marina projects.
- Allocates boat slips and execution of lease agreements/permits utilizing the reservation system.
- Administers daily cash receipts, prepares statements for Manager; ensures electronic tracking, data entry and effective use of computerized systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the Department
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Post-secondary education in marina, arena and/or facility operations.
- Proven technical skills with at least 4 years progressive experience in related management operations, including supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships and to work collaboratively and effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy in MSOffice, Vadim, and the Internet;
- Class G Driver's license in good standing and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
- Availability to assist with emergency response and to attend after-hours meetings or special events as may be required.
Please submit applications by 4:00 P.M. on October 27, 2021 to the attention of:
Shellee Fournier, CAO, Town of Gananoque
30 King Street East
Gananoque Ontario, K7G 1E9
You have viewed this listing 1 times.