Walker's/Capital Group of Companies Limited
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Walker's Van & Storage | Capital Movers & Storage
Walker's Van & Storage and Capital Movers & Storage are Ontario moving companies with roots dating back to 1886. We have offices in Kingston, Trenton, Deep River, and North Bay, serving those communities and their surrounding regions. Our team – made up of Capital Movers & Storage in the south and Walker’s Van & Storage in the north – specializes in local and long distance, full-service Residential Moving, Office Moving, Warehousing and distribution services, as well as residential and commercial storage services.
Professional Moving Services
Whether you need the contents of a large home moved, an office moved or even a few pieces moved, you can count on Capital Movers & Storage and Walker’s Van & Storage, members of United Van Lines Canada and certified by the Canadian Association of Movers, to do it right. Our moving company offers reliable and friendly service that will complete your move on time and at a price you can afford. With our teams of professional Kingston movers, Trenton movers, North Bay movers and Renfew County movers, we are positioned to provide cost-effective, full-service moving solutions for local, long-distance, and international moving needs.
Job Listing #8764
AZ/DZ Driver • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2021
Application Deadline: 30 Nov 2021
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Driver/Courier / Chauffeur/Compagnie de messagerie
Hours Per Week: 35-40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 17.00
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
KINGSTON - AZ Driver or DZ Driver - LEVEL 2 —Experienced household goods mover (more than two (2) years in the industry) and three (3) or more years as a commercial driver.
Drivers, will typically act as the crew lead when providing moving services, unless other designations have been made by Operations Supervisor.
To this end, Drivers will usually manage the paperwork for the orders, introduce themselves and their crew members to the customers, act as a the point of contact for the customer, assign crew members their duties while on a job site, participate in job site walk-throughs with the customer at both the start and end of the service to ensure (1) the scope of work is understood, and (2) the service has been fully completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
Driver responsibilities and duties also include:
- Protection of the residence/job site upon arrival (e.g. floor runners, padding banisters, etc.)
- Management of the inventorying of all goods
- Preparation of all goods for safe and secure transport
- Proper loading and arrangement of goods on the truck
- Movement of goods out of and into residence/office
- Loading and unloading of goods onto and off of truck
- Ensuring all Safety Procedures are followed before, during and at close of service, by all members of the crew, and that each is in compliance with all Health & Safety regulations and relevant Company policies and procedures.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance—lights, fuses, fluids
- Perform thorough pre and post-trip inspections of vehicle and equipment for safety and fitness
- Communication to Operations Supervisor of any safety or maintenance needs in regard to their assigned vehicle
- Operate Company vehicles in accordance with local laws and all relevant Company policies and procedures.
Valid AZ or DZ licence required.
Clean Driver's Abstract and CVOR required.
Satisfactory completion of a criminal record background check (CPIC) required upon offer of employment.
Additional Requirements: AZ/DZ, Clean Abstract
You have viewed this listing 1 times.