Walker's/Capital Group of Companies Limited
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Walker's Van & Storage | Capital Movers & Storage
Walker's Van & Storage and Capital Movers & Storage are Ontario moving companies with roots dating back to 1886. We have offices in Kingston, Trenton, Deep River, and North Bay, serving those communities and their surrounding regions. Our team – made up of Capital Movers & Storage in the south and Walker’s Van & Storage in the north – specializes in local and long distance, full-service Residential Moving, Office Moving, Warehousing and distribution services, as well as residential and commercial storage services.
Professional Moving Services
Whether you need the contents of a large home moved, an office moved or even a few pieces moved, you can count on Capital Movers & Storage and Walker’s Van & Storage, members of United Van Lines Canada and certified by the Canadian Association of Movers, to do it right. Our moving company offers reliable and friendly service that will complete your move on time and at a price you can afford. With our teams of professional Kingston movers, Trenton movers, North Bay movers and Renfew County movers, we are positioned to provide cost-effective, full-service moving solutions for local, long-distance, and international moving needs.
Job Listing #8768
Mover • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2021
Application Deadline: 30 Nov 2021
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: General Labour/Trades / Manœuvres et gens de métiers
Hours Per Week: 30-50
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 15.50
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Overview of Job Scope: Assist drivers, and work with a team of movers and packers to load/unload, pack/unpack household or office goods during all phases of the move.
• Assist with the loading and unloading of household goods shipments, at residences and warehouse
• Competently performs assigned pack/unpack and load/unload duties with supervision
• Assist with loading/unloading of appliances and fine furniture for commercial deliveries
• Assist with packing/unpacking of breakable items
• Is compliant with Walker’s/Capital Group Policies & Procedures and Van Line policies.
• Maintain clean and safe work area.
• Assist with truck/trailer upkeep including folding of moving blankets, breaking down of packing material, washing vehicle and equipment as required
• Good organizational skills
• Fast learner; able to take on new tasks and areas of responsibility in a short time frame
• Customer service
• Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds
• Enjoys physical labour
• Attention to detail
• Good team-player—enjoys working with others to accomplish goals
• Household goods moving/storage/packing experience an asset
• High School graduate
• Physical fitness—able to work long hours at physically demanding tasks
• Bilingualism an asset
Working at Walker's Van & Storage
• Three-month probation period at start
• Background check required upon offer of employment, additional security clearances as projects require
• Open door policy for communication with supervisors
• Positive Action Request system for change and improvement
• Vacation pay
• Uniform program—cost covered by employer
• Annual performance reviews
• Opportunities for career growth
• In-service training and mentoring, external training and certification opportunities
• Kudos program for employee recognition with monthly, quarterly and annual awards
• Community engagement – fundraising, events, service
You have viewed this listing 1 times.