Eliot Research and ConsultingWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Computer/IT / Ordinateur/Technologie de l'information
Eliot Research and Consulting is a full service consulting company offering custom software solutions to customers with unique issues and requirements. Our international customer base represents a wide spectrum of business sectors around the world.
Job Listing #9057
System Analyst / Programmer (Back-End C++/C#) • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2021
Application Deadline: 28 Jan 2022
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Computer/IT / Ordinateur/Technologie de l'information
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Commensurate with experience.
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Eliot Research and Consulting Limited is a full-service consulting company offering custom software solutions to clients with unique issues and requirements. Established in 1989, our customer base represents a wide spectrum of business sectors, large and small. We spend a majority of our efforts building and maintaining web enabled user interfaces and their back-end services.
A typical client has a large repository of data that needs to be displayed, analyzed, and manipulated such that informed decisions and actions can be made that ultimately improve their business, by either generating income or optimizing cost sensitive process’s.
We have an immediate need for a back-end developer with strong C# skills. Experience building web service calls will be necessary. Basic understanding of SQL and database technologies will be an asset.
The successful candidate will be required to liaison with customers to establish job specifications, and then be able to implement and maintain deliverable solutions in a timely fashion. Comfort with all levels of the “software stack” will be essential. Must be able to adapt and learn new skills quickly.
- Software design, programming and application maintenance.
- Conduct application testing and provide database management support.
- Create and maintain documentation as necessary for operational and security audits.
- Analyze and route issues into the proper ticketing systems and update and close tickets in a timely manner.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve problems.
Ideal Candidate will have the following attributes
- Comprehensive understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Independent worker, requiring minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated learner, able to adapt and learn new technologies.
- Strong problem solving and research skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Not afraid to take on a task they know nothing about and venture into the “unknown”.
- University degree in Computing Science recommended.
- C++, C#, .Net – 2+ years
- SQL – 2+ years
- Restful Web Services
- Automated testing and build methodologies
- GIT and JIRA
- Experience with Karaf, and Docker will be an asset.
- Dental plan
- Extended medical insurance
- Casual work environment
Please send resume and other pertinent information to: email@example.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.