Mental health conditions or addictions can get in the way of stable employment for many. At Rise, we break down barriers and change futures through our innovative small business services.
Rise is the only national charity providing people with a path toward sustained self-employment or small business ownership. We personalize our services to support each client with a combination of training, resources, mentorship, and low interest microloans. The result? Our clients improve their financial stability and make positive life changes to benefit their families and communities alike.
Rise offers a supportive environment geared to people who have experienced barriers resulting from mental health conditions or addictions.
Rise business loans are low-interest with no hidden fees, and are based on your stage of business development, the viability of the business concept and capacity to repay. Eligible entrepreneurs can access loans up to $10,000, with an average initial loan size of $4,000.
- Low interest loans
- Business advice, mentorship, and peer support
- Help in navigating small business resources
- Acceptance, and a community of support
- Encouragement and validation of your strengths and capabilities
If you are interested in learning more about the program and eligibility, please tell us a little about yourself and your business idea. Our Rise Business Advisor will follow-up with you to discuss next steps.
Eligible individuals must:
- Be motivated entrepreneurs
- Self-identify as an individual who has experienced mental health and or addiction challenges
- Be unable to access traditional bank financing for their small business
- Not be in active bankruptcy, behind on child support payments or government taxes
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
If you meet the above criteria, please send us some details:
"*" indicates required fields